Wednesday 26 March 2014

Happy Spring!

To celebrate the arrival of Spring last week, we are expecting anywhere up to 50 cm of snow today and another 30 cm or so on Sunday.  That's 2.6 feet, people.  More than my horse or I can jump, that's for sure.

For those of you who have ever wondered where I live, I live here, in the big blob that says "Nor'easter":


You know things are bad when the weather network says things like "crippling" and "most powerful storm of the season, if not years".

I went to work this morning to blue skies.  At about 11 a.m., it started to snow.  Ten minutes later the whole city was rapidly shutting down as we all tried to get the hell out of the office and back to our homes in the white-out conditions.

There is currently a snow drift to the height of my chest blocking me into my apartment building.  I can only hope that some brave gentleman will dig us all out tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, my pony is all cozy in the barn and loving his billionth Wednesday snowday off from work.

Happy Spring!

1 comment: